|Traffic as our route joined Twisting Gully pitch 3|
|The 8.1 felt good but a bit stiff to handle|
Not really had the chance to update the blog recently leaving Craig to tell most of the tales on the Simply Epic blog.
Winter thus far has been slow to start, we have snow, but far from ideal climbing conditions…
1. Corie an Lochan – black, bailed.
2. Raeburns Route STNL in lots of powder before Christmas, abseiled the route as it was windy on top.
3. NB on the Buachaille – bailed after pitch 1 due to constant avalanche of graupel.
4. No 5 gully on the Ben, we went for a walk to look see what was in. Not much but No5 gully gave an interesting amble through some super rock architecture that we wouldn’t normally go near.
5. Twisting Groves (a variation) - climbed 2 pitches to the chalkstone of twisting then got caught up in traffic so bailed on Craigs new 8.1, 60m “strings".
Fully stories here on the Simply Epic blog…
Thanks to Craig for the pics on Sunday.